Sunday, May 19, 2013

An Early Night!

I decided to call it an early night!  I think between the late nights, lack of water, excessive walking and 2nd hand smoke, it all came to the point where I needed a slow down!  :)

It was a good day!  A little on the chilly side, but we saw a lot again today.  Italy has been interesting because it will suddenly begin to rain and 4 million people... are gone.  And then within 5 min. or so it clears up and everyone comes out with umbrellas and then 5 min later umbrellas get put away and it's as if the rain never happened.  Also, there are people wandering around peddling wears, and their wears always change at that point.  They go from selling sun glasses to umbrellas.  At least they're giving the people what they want.  :)

Nick asked me today if I missed anything from home... so far it's not a huge list... baths, ice and menus that aren't divided into "past" and "anti-pasta".  We ate at one of the museums today and I had a tomato/mozzarella salad and was happy about that.  :)

Also, we found a grocery near where we're staying last night and bought chips and chocolate.  :)  We hid them in the drawer of our nightstand because the owner of the B&B is a very classy lady and we didn't want her to find them in our room. lol. 

A few pictures from our B&B -- actually just one -- apparently I forgot to take some pictures of the inside.  Anyway -- this is Nick on her patio -- the garage is under this -- so this is the 2nd floor.  I'll throw some more pictures in there tomorrow of the room.

 
Some pictures of the museums and gardens -- I can't remember any names of anything at this point and I'm too lazy to look them up.  :)  Nick came back -- he's making me put the real names -- these are the Pitti Palace and the Boboli Gardens.
 
 
This is an awesome picture of me. 


This is an awesome senior picture of Nick with a background so amazing it looks like it's fake from Olin Mills.
 
 
What if you were rich... and this was your backyard?  Because, that was the deal w/ these people.

 
And you have some person grow these awesome flowers for you.  :)  Also, I love Peonies.  One of my top favorite flowers.  The smell was lovely when we came into the garden.
 
 
Aren't we cute together. :)
 
 
The old courthouse (Palazzo Vicchio).  Kind of makes Westdale (the seat of Cedar Rapids government) look crappy.  ;)

 
The map room in the old courthouse.

 
I'm going to ask for an upgrade to my cubicle after this...

 
Another crazy awesome ceiling
 
 
Oh yeah... another really cool ceiling.

 
Pictures from the tower of the Vecchio.  Nick is being a comedian.

 
Thru a crack in the rocks from the tower.

 
Look at the Duomo -- it's ginormous!!

 
Ok friends, family and others.  Hope you are all doing well!  :)  Drink a nice huge glass of ice water for me.  xoxo
 

No comments: