Thursday, July 21, 2011

Singing in the Rain!

We went to see singing in the rain at the Grand in Dubuque.  It's a beautiful theater, they've done a nice job keeping it up.  It was apparently quite the place in the mid to late 1800's.  The theater has seen both quality and quantity for its size, but especially in the early years.

Mom took us to a few plays there over the years, but it had been a while since I'd been there.  Annie Get Your Gun was the last I think - Nick and I went w/ Doug and Mel - it's been by far one of my favorites. 

BUT this time we went to Singing in the Rain!  :)  It was a fun play, I don't think I ever saw the original movie, but the plays name sake song is pretty known by people.  It was also the best scene of the play.  They were able to get real water going during the song which was cool to watch. 

We sat next to some peeps that were born in the Anamosa area, so we yib yabbed their heads off.  :)

We grabbed a bite after the play and the fish flies were everywhere and almost made me vomit.  Posted pics below... SO GROSS.


I made everyone take pictures in the ally.  Fortunately it was all girls, so there was no whining about it. :)  My Aunt Cathy who we LOVE came with us!!  She's darling inside and out.  We all love her lots.

My mom (Susie) and aunt (Cathy)

All of us. :)  Aren't we cute?  Look how cute mom is!   
(L to R: Emie, Melody, Ruby, Susie, Cathy, Sophie, Savannah)

Sister poser 

Always have to have one of these shots. 


BLECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FISH FLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BARFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!! 

Covering doors, lights, streets, cars... nasty. 


I stopped by my sisters on before we left. She's been working on her bathroom and it turned out adorable.  She's never lacked for creativity.  She painted her hardwood floors black and white, while many people screamed in protest. :) 


Bottom pic says"Blessed is the Man that Flushes."  Hi-larious.


Her kitchen w/ open facing.  Adorable. 


Me and my cute Lukie. :) 

OK - Just two more pictures!!!!!!!  STAY WITH ME!

Look close - I found this on the side walk as I was leaving work!  It's an imprint of a leaf.  :)  Awesomeness. :)


My friend Kimmy's 1st time planting anything - she planted 23 tomato plants.  It makes me laugh and laugh.  As far as I can tell, she's a master gardner.  Looks awesome.   



No comments: