Friday, July 8, 2011

Making Up for Lost Time


Sometimes I think one of the dangers of not having children is you don't properly celebrate any holiday.  I think we went the first 9 years of marriage never putting up a Christmas tree... although I do remember one sad one we put up that sat in the corner like it had misbehaved and never got its ligts turned on. lol.  :)  Poor tree.  It couldn't even fulfill it's purpose in life. 

There's just something about holidays that belong to midgets.  They still have that wonder over things that grown-ups have long become jaded over.  Although, I'd probably still go ape for a basket of Easter candy. ;) So, needless to say, the 4th of July was one of those holidays that got the same type of treatment around our house... until this year... I managed to see fireworks 3 times this year.  Which has to be a record considering I can't think of more than three times total in the past 13 years.  My memory is pretty shoddy, so that's probably an exaggeration (another of my redeeming qualities), but that's how I heard it, so that must be the way it be. :)

So, I had an epiphany!  Try and take some photos!  So the first three photos were my first attempt.  The epiphany hit, I grabbed my camera and started shooting.  Bad view, bad camera settings and bad set-up.  Take two is great view, better camera settings and better set-up.  Still don't really know what I'm doing, but between the view and the camera on a tripod the results were much better:

Best of the bad:





Best of the much improved:












The goal:




 

No comments: