Saturday, October 8, 2011

Get your apples and sunshine!

This my friends is called cheating the system!  Can't beat it.  Windows open, breeze blowing, sunshine, clean air... Love it all.

Yesterday was family day!  It was nice to be able to spend time w/ (almost) everyone.

Nick's from a family of 3 boys and I'm from a family of 5 girls.  Needless to say, we are from very different types of families.  :)  When Nick and I first got married I remember walking into a room at my in-laws and his brothers and dad were sitting in the living room and no one was talking... I had never seen such a thing.  That being said, I remember eating dinner at mom and dad's one night and there was so much mayhem happening.  Food flying, girls screaming, dogs barking, dad hollering about something... and Nick was missing.  I found him playing solitaire in the computer room.  :)  lol.  It was OVERLOAD for him.  Nick's been apart of the family since my youngest sisters (The Twins) were 6 and I've been around since Nick's youngest brother was probably... 10?  Needless to say, things have changed over time.  Nick's adapted to the goings on our side and his brothers talk more than they used to.  :)  The cool part about both our families, is we're family.  My sisters call Nick their brother and his brothers call me their sister... how can you beat that?  That's just the best.  As far as I'm concerned, we both won the lottery w/ our parents.  And believe me, I know what a blessing it is to be able to say that. 

SO, I got a text from Cath that they were heading to Gays Mills and did we want to come.  And we did!  It had been years since we had been there.  What a perfect day. 


There are apple trees everywhere there, but none of the apples on the trees there looked like any of the apples in the bags.  I'm a little concerned they're shipping them in from some where and tricking people.  :)

 
I never once saw apples that looked like these in any of the bags in the buildings... not once...


When Nick and I were first married we went to Gays Mills with Pops and Cath.  They told me this story about a year ago -- I totally forgot about it... until I remembered it.  I had just gotten my camera and I kept making us pull over and take pictures... it was a little cold, a little rainy and no one really was up for it... but I stuck with it!  All day!  We were headed home, I think I had requested one more photo and that's when I realized there was no film in the camera... oooops.  :)  Knowing me at that time I was also probably shooting fall foliage in black and white -- another smooth move.  :)


These things are sooo funny to me.  Nick didn't want to do it, but I some how managed to demand him into it... and apparently to hold my purse while he did it. lol.  It would be funny to get one for the church...

Classic Nick Timmerman.  Drinking coffee wherever he goes!


From the orchards I was off to a ladies event at my parents church.  It was my mom's birthday!!  :)  I know I'm the kid, but it's hard to believe where the time has gone.  She's been my mom along time.  How does that happen??


 
One of the ladies spoke about how love was sacrificial and it made me think of mom instantly.  Some people give of their excess.  But it always has felt to me that she has given of her own portion. 

It was nice to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a while and of course my lovely family. 
(L-R: Emie, Ruby, Mom, Melody, Sophia and Savannah)
 

We were all suppose to tell a funny story about mom -- I told about the time she thru all my stuff on the porch cause she was mad that I trashed the house.  I'll never forget it, you could tell dad was afraid of her that night.  :)  I sat out on the porch in my pink fuzzy robe and cried.  lol. 

 
The twins could be called 'The Hair' but Boobie is definitely "The Lips."



A few other photos from the day -- too good not to share.

Sea of apples:

Honesty, still alive and well in some places: 


Apple cider donuts -- they don't taste like apple at all. 

This mans name is Champ, at least that's what his hat says. :)  I shook his hand.  Pops tried to steal his shovel.

It's us! 

Jack doin' what he lu-huves!  He loves him some sunshine and sleepy time! 

No comments: