Monday, April 29, 2019

Getting Away to a New Country

We took the train from Paris to Amsterdam today.  It took a little over 3 hours, but I never mind the train rides.  The trains are always easier than the shenanigans that take place with flying.  Once we arrived here around 1:30pm local time, we took a tram from Central Amsterdam (Dam Square area) and proceeded to our house boat.  I have been wanting to stay on one since I read something about it.  Nick was able to pull it all together and it is awesome!

We're right on the water, and the host has said the ducks come to the window in the morning.  I'm hoping that is true, guess we'll find out tomorrow.

We also got fries and mayo which they sell everywhere here.  They're AWESOME!  And I've been wanting them since I last had them here.  A cone of crispy fries with mayo on them - I'm sorry - what could be wrong w/ that.

We hit the cat museum.  I've been some weird places in my life, but this was top notch weird. lol.  The owner still lives there, but he's dedicated the bottom two floors to his cats.  There was cat art, sculptures, and real cats!  We only saw one of them, but she was friendly so we got to pet her a couple times.  It's Amsterdam - what can I say - things are a little unique here.

Not much more to report for today!  I'm going to call this one a little early and read.

On the train to Amsterdam.

Me in the window of the houseboat.

Weird cat poster in the museum.

One of the cats.



The cat story.  It made us laugh - it's a crazy place.  Not sure if it was supposed to make us laugh or not.














No comments: