Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beauty Overload :)

Well, I had the wrong day for Cinco de Mayo -- oops.  Hopefully no one ran out and ate Mexican a day early. ;)

I took the night off last night from blogging!  We had a pretty lazy day yesterday, trotted around Moab and saw what we could see.  It was a nice day and a much needed rest.  BUT then... we headed out on a Hummer tour through the area.  It was quite the little experience.  I used to think Nick loved me, but now I'm not so sure.  :)

Around 5:30 we loaded up our Hummer driver (Larry) and 3 Germans, part of a larger European group that had broke off to do the Hummer tour.  One of the names of the guys in the group was Mathias, my nephews name, so we remembered that one no problem.  :)  We bumped into him to day at Arches National Park which was funny.  Over the week we've run into a lot of the same people. 

So, we loaded up and headed out. I wasn't completely sure what to expect, and Nick decided to keep me not filled in to ensure I'd go on the trip.  :)  Such a dear.  I think I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  It was an amazing trip.  I'm glad we did it and I'm glad it's over.  :)  My dad had to bribe me on to roller coasters as a kid, I've never run head long into these things.  My need for self preservation is high.

The amazing part is how often you see midgets on all these trips!  We were returning from our Hummer trip and heading down a "fin" that was pretty spooky and passed a guy in a jeep w/ open sides and a 2 year old in the backseat.  He was in a car seat, but still!!  Today at Arches there was a women slinging and infant around.  It made me think of that baby that hey had hauled up Harney Peak in South Dakota.  Hikers are a different breed.  I have no doubt those kids will grow up w/ it in their blood.

We got home about 9:00pmish and caught an episode of VH1 behind the music.  Biggie Big and Tupac were caught in an East coast/West coast rivalry.  For those who don't know, it didn't end well.  ANYWHO!!


View from the back of the Hummer.  Black tracks indicated the path we went up.

The Hummer behind us coming down one of the fins. 

The hummer behind us coming up one of the fins.

Another... 

There were bikers (cycles and motor), Jeeps, Hummers and off roaders out there.  It really confirmed my belief that men never do quite grow up.

I think this is where Monster trucks came from.  These things were crazy -- their wheels would seemingly would go about any direction.  Apparently they cost about 75k.  Not a cheap little habit. :)

It's us!

Colorado River

Sunset.  Apparently this is called the Dragons Trail.  I think these people spend a little too much time in the sun, so far on this trip I've heard, if you look closely you can see:  Elvis, Nemo, and Elephant, Mustafas lion pride something or other from the kids Lion King movie... Yeah, and I saw Bugs Bunny in the clouds the other day...

Nick working on one of his famous vacation videos.  :)  They're a passion of his. 


No comments: