Saturday, August 6, 2011

Friends and Family Week!

I haven't loved the heat this summer, but I must say I've been able to see a lot of people I love this summer. The past few weeks have been no exception! I've had dinner and lunch with lots of family and friends and it's been great. I'm thankful to have so many wonderful people in my life.

For anyone in the Cedar Rapids area looking for a good restaurant - Siamville located in Town & Country in Cedar Rapids is delicious. A friend at work recommended it. It's been a few different Thai places over the years that I haven't been a fan of, but the current setup and food are delicious! I had Cashew Pad Thai the first time and Sweet and Sour the second (not like a Chinese restaurant - much lighter feel - less highfrutois corn syrupy). http://siamville.com/default.aspx

My supa talented sister always has a project going and she's a cheapskate, so she's usually busting her butt trying to get something amazing for next to free, and she usually pulls it off with a lot of elbow grease. She sent me a pic of per latest amazing project - a stencil she found on-line but didn't want to pay the $130 for, so she traced onto place mats and cut out herself...


Beautiful

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've had a thought for years I've struggled to put into words and I read as close to it as I've ever seen the other day - thought I'd share:

"The love for the more fortunate is a rare thing - to love those who succeed where we fail." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had dinner with some friends and they have two bulldogs... tooo cute!



Jack cleaning the grill... he waits by the door (sometimes for days) waiting to "clean" the grill... it can be pretty annoying.  :)


Found these at Michael's - I could live there!  So many cool things.  I've been putting pin backs on these or clips for shoes... I know, I know... the 80's called and want their shoe clips back.  Whatever, I love them.  :)



My amazing Banana Goodwill sweater!  It's adorable!  Add the two flowers - even cuter. :)


Trying to sort all the hard copy pictures out!  Sending them in to be scanned!  Will be nice to have everything digital. It was hard to figure out what year everything happened tho.  13 years of not organizing photos and a bad memory makes for an interesting day.




No comments: