Monday, June 12, 2017

Life List Stuff

About two and a half years ago or so I spent time mapping my values and about 100 other personal aspects of my life.   In addition, I started a mindmap, connected to my values, of all the things I wanted to do in this life.  I have a post-it note web in my home office that looks like one of those psycho stalker walls... Nick always says it makes him feel like he's going to have a seizure when he looks at it.  lol.  He's a neat freak, order person though, so I guess it makes sense.

SOOO, anyway.  The reason I'm saying all this is, I not only crossed graduation off my life list this past weekend, but I was also able to attend a concert at Red Rock Amphitheater, which was on my list!  Nick knew it was on my list and worked to pull the night together.

It was an amazing night... the setting is unreal.  We didn't know the band that was playing (Big Head Todd and the Monsters), but they were excellent - great musicians.  They were a band from Colorado that had made it fairly big, and the Coloradans were very appreciative of their work.  And they had a keyboardist that also played a Hammond B3, you can't beat that in any music.

A pleasant surprise was Collective Soul opened for the main band.  That was pretty awesome as I grew up as a child of the 90s and their music was always on the radio.  :)  They were also excellent musicians and it was a great performance.

You can sort of see the amphitheater in the middle... took this picture while we waited to get into the venue.
Wowza!! What a view!
 
Entering the concert venue.

My favorite person ever.

Me!  I got to take two of my life list goals off the wall!  :)

Epic.

Towards the end of the second band, a full orange moon started coming up over the horizon.  It was AMAZING!!  You can see the tiny tiny orange dot in the city lights in this photo... but it was huge... everyone's cameras came up and pointed that direction.  I'm sure the band was confused about what was happening behind them.  It was magical.





No comments: