Thursday, July 9, 2015

Will Work for Sleep

I do not know where the days are going out here!  It's been between 12pm - 1am before we're ready for bed.  I guess that happens when you get in around 9pm every night!   What an adventure!

Today we drove from Gardiner, MT to Big Timber, MT, about an hour and half drive, to stay with my Aunt Glenna and Uncle Dan.  We had a lot of fun!  My mom's family is filled with great laughers.  My grandma is a professional laugher as is my mom, and my aunt Glenna is no exception.

Life out here is definitely different.  We spent a fair amount of time riding around on a gator, which city folks would think was a relation to an alligator, but it's more like an industrial golf cart.

The kids drove us numerous places, which was a little scary at first, but they did a great job.

Later we drove out again and ran out of gas.  No one but me seemed worried about it.  :)  It was fun sitting out on the top of a hill with nothing but open sky waiting for a neighbor to deliver gas.

It truly is a special place.

Where am I!? A chicken being held like a cat!  They eat watermelon and they're really soft to pet.  And Olivia (my cousin) really loves them and takes care of them.

Being chauffeured by a 12 year old.

Here we go!

One of our happy trails!

Made me laugh. lol!  :)

River by their home.


Bridge uncle Dan built.

Being chauffeured by a 9 year old.

Trip two!  We all got to go on this one!

Panoramic as we wait for gas... because none of us knew how to read the gas gauge but uncle Dan.  :)

Can you believe how beautiful it is?  Antelope ran away when they saw us.  :)


This picture of ME made us all laugh for a half hour until the gas came.  My little cousin Jacob thought it was HILARIOUS.  He asked to see it repeatedly and then would laugh his head off.  When I showed it to Nick his eyes popped out of his head and his mouth dropped.  I guess you can't win them all...

A little better...

Sun set... still waiting in beauty for gas from the neighbor.  

Driving back -- we were all a little crazy and couldn't quit laughing.  :)

Venus and Jupiter.  You'll have to click on the picture to see Jupiter, but even small you can see Venus.  It's the dot in almost the direct center of the photo.  Maybe this is why it's called "Big Sky Country."

No comments: