Thursday, July 10, 2014

Live from Boston... it's THURSDAY NIGHT!

Nick in me and our Boston Red Sox outfits...
Well... a 2:45am wake-up call to catch our 5am flight left me with some tired eyes yesterday!  That being said, we were partying in Boston by 10:30am.  :)  Can't beat that. 

We're staying in an AirB&B outside the city, so once we got settled we headed back in to town to see what we could see.

I have to say, Boston isn't really anything like I expected.  I was thinking a NY/DC combo... but not so much.  It really is a big small town.  The people have been lovely and there is plenty to do and see. 

Of all the truly important things we saw, a stroll past the iconic bar "Cheers" that inspired the TV show was on the list.  Nothing to write home about, yet here I am... writing home about it.  ;)

 
 
The Boston Public Library, oldest in the United States, did not disappoint.  It seemed odd that it was still a library - but it was indeed.  There was air in almost all the buildings, but one, which was again, weird somehow.  Copiers and books and people and this old ancient beautiful building.
 
Library Courtyard
 

 

The real fun of the night was watching the Red Sox play baseball.  I can't say I'm a sports fan of any kind, but here's what I figured out... when the team in white hit the ball - we cheered.  When the team in grey missed the ball - we cheered.  :)  The score was 3-0 for ever and then things turned around.  We had a blast.  They won the game and we did a lot of cheering and dancing and singing up until that point.  We sat next to some guys from NY and we celebrated with them when the game was over.  :)  I had to be talked into it by Nick, but it was a super fun night.

Classic Nick shot

 
Seats at Fenway

Guy ahead of us kept score on paper all night... you could tell he's spent a lot of time at that ball park.

Baseball field at night.

No comments: