Saturday, September 1, 2012

Waking Up is Hard to Do!

Yesterday started at 4:20am CT and ended at 12:30pm CT.  It was a long day.  I slept like a ROCK last night and I was thankful for it!  :)

We had an awesome day yesterday!  2 perfectly lovely flights which was nice.  The flight from Chicago to LA got in early, which was quite lovely also.  I kept feeling like the bottom was going to fall out on all the flights, so my expectations were definitely exceeded. :)

From LAX we were off!  Nick's usually studied a place so much before we've left that he seems to always have a sense of where he's going.  LA seems to be no exception.  We got our rental car and started out toward the Warner Brothers studio.  We both really enjoyed that.  Nick kept saying he was hoping to bump into Simon Baker on the tour, which we didn't, but we did get to tour The Mentalist set, which was pretty fun.  We were not able to take pictures of the set tho, so none of those here.  We were able to take a picture w/ Simon Baker's (aka Patrick Jane) car.  Close enough I guess. :)


 
We saw Conan walking around... he's the tall one in the middle.  It was a little surreal the entire tour to see things you've only seen on TV. 
 
 
I've been a long time fan of the show FRIENDS, so it was a happy day to be sitting on the couch at Central Perk!  :) 
 
 
 
Nick w/ the bad guy from The Matrix.  Which I haven't watched, so I don't have much to say about. :)
Lots of Batman stuff around.  As you can see it's next to the Scooby van.  :) 
 
Props stage!  There's a 100 of everything you could possibly think of.  Other studios come here to borrow props for shows for a small fee.  My sister could have a heart attack here.  :)
 
 
Explored the set of Ellen: No pictures were allowed on set.
 
The streets are filled w/ fake sets like below.  She told us all the movies that were filmed down these different fake streets.  The Way We Were with Barbara Streisand was one of them!  Love that movie.  This street in particular is Chicago often times.  The track going across is the L.  Everything is made out of very cheap materials.  But they transform the sets for different eras based on what's filming.
 
 
 
OK! I'm only half way thru yesterday, but we have to get to our food tour!  I'M SO EXCITED!  As many of you know I'm in a relationship w/ food, so I'm looking forward to this next part!  :)
 
Hopefully we'll see you tonight!
xoxo
 
 
 


No comments: