Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm Stil Alive!!

There was some concern that Nick did me in, in Moab as the story abruptly ended there.  :)  Good news, I'm still here! 

I did not feel well the last few days of our trip and then I got "busy."  :)  What can I say.  Now you're going to have to deal w/ a long post. 

Hard to believe how fast time goes.  I did want to share a casting call we found in the laundry mat of our hotel

Not sure why they won't rotate -- you'll have to turn your head sideways. 


This kept us amused for a while while we did laundry.  :) 

From Moab we headed back to my aunt Lizzy's.  She's a nurse and I was sick, so she did quite a bit of drug pushing when we got there.  :)  Needless to say, she took good care of us. 

We hit Monument Valley on the way back to Phoenix.  Nick was a little disappointed, I was ambivalent as I didn't really have any expectations.

Classic Nick Timmerman

 


Auntie Liz and the Reg-ster 

Reggie.  :)   

He reminded me of the bad guy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  :)  Fortunately he doesn't behave anything like him.  :) lol.

Grandma had us over for breakfast before we left and it was heaven.  Bacon :), eggs, hash browns, OJ, coffee, fruit, the works.  My grandpa has a hugenormous woodworking shed that had a fire a while back, so we went and checked out the new digs.  You know your in man heaven when there are wood working tools and a urinal in the same place.  ;)

From there we headed to the airport, where everyone griped about how slow everything was. :)  Also, it was our anniversary!  14 years ago I agreed to honor, love, cherish... obey??? ;) the greatest person I've ever met (he's playing air guitar while I write this).  I was probably too young to get married, but if I had waited until I was 40 I couldn't have found a better person to spend my life with. 

Ok -- now that story is over. It's been a hot busy summer!  Not sure what is report worthy... Nick and I started calling Bingo at a Sr. Center in Iowa City.  We both really enjoy it, we like the people that attend and they enjoy chit chatting before hand, but when 10:30 strikes the chit chat comes to a rapid end and the game is on.  :)

I made this practice apron!  A friend at work helped me every step of the way - God bless her!

The real one I made!  90% on my own! YAY!

I've been painting old junky porcelain things I get at Goodwill for cheap (thank you Pinterest)!  I LOVE them!  Nick's comment to me the other night was, "I don't understand."  I think that sums up his feeling on the entire thing.  :)

Original: 

So cute!  The color is awesome, not sure this really captures that.  :) 

Bought this old 70's cabinet/end table from Goodwill and painted it, taking a page out of my sister Mel's play book!  :)  Painted it a coral color and I really like it.  I still need to varnish it and put the hardware back on, but you get the idea!

Jack trying to get in the picture...

This is the much more awesome stuff my sister Mel created: 

<--- original                            Redo!----->

<--------------- original                         Redo!---------------> 


<------------- Original                                     Redo ------------------------->



Ok, enough blah blah blah for one night!  I'll post some pics of taking the midgets to Adventureland tomorrow!  I know you can hardly wait!  ;) 




No comments: