Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Wonderful Life

There are few things I love as much as I love a new year.  Sometimes I basically give a new year super power -- maybe on January 1st I'll wake up and be skinnier, more spiritual, nicer, etc.  I had to remind myself a couple times before new years that it wasn't going to be magic.  :)  BUT in a way it is magic -- in my world, it's a new slate.  On January 1st, my weight gain, lack of spirituality and everything else are wiped away.  I get to start over.  It's rejuvenating.

Nick always says, whatever is worth starting, is worth starting now.  Good logic, it's just not mine.  :)  I start on Mondays, the 1st of months and new years.  Where tweaking the weaknesses in my life are concerned I rarely go cold turkey or balls to the wall.  :)  I ease in to the starting and stopping of almost everything and for those reasons it's been a good month and happily looking forward to the rest of the coming months.

I forgot to take a family picture on the George side for Christmas!   Mel thru a surprise party for Doug for his birthday (12/31), so I had a second chance to get a family photo in.  The twins had their boyfriends there also, so we're all here!


Happy Birthday Doug!  :)


The fam! 


We took the littlest midgets to the Play Station last night!  We had a blast, we slept really well last night.  ;)  I'm sure the kiddos did too.  They played hard! 

At one point we took a break from playing with the girls and just watched them (our knees were killing us), I told Nick, just think, they're not going to wake up tomorrow and say, "I'm so sore!"  and he said,  " or I'm so depressed."  lol.  Oh to be young again. 


Layin' in the balls!


Climbing in the clear tunnel. 


LOL!  This picture cracks me up. 



They were too funny.  As soon as I took a picture they both wanted to see it.  The jumping pictures they REALLy wanted to see.  

All the midgets wanted to be buried, so we tried to get a pic of us being buried in all the balls. 

Uncle Nick acting like a monster trying to get them.  You could hear them screaming everywhere. lol.  He cracked them up all night.  I can't get Nick to repeat a story unless he wants to, but with those girls he was doing goofy dances and saying things that made them laugh all night.  lol.   


No comments: